Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Random Thoughts


Ain't wandered around the blogamathing in a little while.  What's new?  That's a good looking haircut!  Have you gained weight?  Here's a bullet point list of the things that have been going through my head lately:

  • Working like a botard.  I feel like I've spent the last month covering for somebody.  I feel that way because I have been.  Between people being sick and vacations.
  • A situation at work arose that might have benefited me a promotion, potentially.  It didn't pan out, we found out today.  That's a bummer.  I've worked myself stupid, the past six months especially.  There are days (like today) that I don't feel like I'm getting what I should be. 
  • I wandered out to see Batman vs. Superman Monday.  Hoping against hope that it would be better than the reviews I'd seen.  I was disappointed.  It's a mess.  Neither Batman nor Superman is true to his roots.  It felt like an 80's action movie.  There was no heart there.  No humor.  I felt like going back in time and apologizing to sixth grade me.
  • My odd problem?  Gotham City and Metropolis are across a bay from each other.  OK.  Well enough.  But in the 18 months since Superman came to Metropolis, he couldn't be arsed to fly half a mile across the bay to meet Batman?  And vice-versa?  Especially when Clark seems so ever-loving concerned about crime in Gotham?  It's no problem to fly around the planet to save Lois from African Warlords, but flying across the bay is verboten?
  • Reading Matt Ruff's Lovecraft Country right now, and I'm really impressed.  Episodic, short storyish collection of stories about the magical underworld, surrounding an African American family in the 1950's.  Tremendous stuff.
  • Baseball season has started.  And I'm pleased.  That's all I'll say, for fear of jinx.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home