Thursday, June 11, 2015

Notes on the Day


  • I have worked 10 out of the last 11 days.   And 21 of the 25 since I got back from vacation.  My ass is tired.  As is the rest of me.  I'd made the mistake of noting to Shyam that 2015 has been a little easier on my schedule-wise than was 2014, and the latter half of 2013.  
  • I'm off tomorrow.  hooray.
  • Christopher Lee and Dusty Rhodes both died today.  Two folks who inhabited that odd, near unnameable concentric circle of "Shit Tommy thinks is cool."  If I was the type of guy who believed Things Happen in Threes, I'd want Ryne Sandberg, Elvira and Stephen King to take some notice, and make the proper arrangements to stay safe tonight.
  • I shared this on Facebook.  It is one of the first things I thought of when I heard Dusty passed.  The man had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand.  It was a shitty, half-assed storyline, but Dusty made it work.  Plus, in this video, you can see my smiling mug around the 19-second mark:   
  • Aggravation is turning on MLB.TV to watch the Cubs, only to remember that they're playing the Reds, and that I live in what is considered the Reds' media area.  And the channel they normally play on is instead broadcasting a WNBA game.  Nothing against WNBA.  Just wanted to watch the Cubs.
  • Relief is realizing that SportSouth was showing the game, since the Braves played this afternoon.
  • May I recommend Illusive Traveler's Grapefruit Ale?  Fruit Ales aren't normally my cup of tea, but this one has a nice tartness to it.  I dig.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home