Sunday, May 17, 2015

State of the Union

Is 1:05 in the morning, after drinking 2/3 of a bottle of rum, a bad time for doing a State of the Union?

I'm sure our country was founded on just as similar a state of thought.

I'm on the second to last day of vacation.

It was a good one.

Got to spend time with Shyam over at Fall Creek Falls.

Got to watch a couple of movies.

Got some writing done.

I'm 38.

I'm in love with a Beautiful Woman who makes me think, and makes me smile.

I'm an Assistant Manager at a Grocery Store.

I'm in a job that I have ample tolerance for, though I sometimes question the logistics of advancement.

I write.  Sometimes enough to quiet that Demon in my head, though it's been 10 years since I've published anything.

I have no children.  This doesn't bother me.  World population is big enough..  Though it was a pleasure to see my friends Julie & John's kids today.

I don't envy you people with kids, what with your excess of responsibility. I like being able to go to a concert on a school night.  Still, being the least male heir in the particular branch of a family tree:  that's troublesome.

I don't know.  I don't want to have kids.  I'm much too selfish.  Is there a way to jump right to completion? You've completed enough Grown Up Hit Points, so thus you get progeny to carry on your family name?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home