Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Highlight!

A couple days ago, a few buddies and I did our second annual Cincinnati Sprint, wherein we leave Athens, head to Cincinnati for a day game, and come home that night.  All told, it's not a ridiculous trip, but it's about 620 miles round trip.

My buddy Jeff's a Reds fan.  We did this last year because he hadn't been to a Reds game since they'd moved into Great American Ballpark.  Life being what it is, he usually caught them in Atlanta when they came by.  We decided to go last year, and saw them play the Blue Jays.

Well, I got a wild hair up my ass to see the Cubs, since I wouldn't be able to see them in Atlanta (my boss is on vacation the weekend that they're down there), I'd try to see them in Cincinnati.

Just so happened that the Cubs were in town a weekend I already had marked to be off.

We went.

Good game.  Cubs won.

Killer seats.  Found on Stubhub.

Todd Frazier hit a solo shot for the Reds that wanders right over our heads.  We made the highlight reel.



I'm in my Ryne Sandberg t-shirt and cap.  My buddy Jeff is right next to me.  Frazier's home run goes about 3 feet over our heads, and lands in the lap of a guy sitting around the fifth or sixth row...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home