Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Ultimate Warrior

I guess you people really liked the Ultimate Warrior.  Every place I turn today, his death is being reported.  Trending on Twitter.  Top story on Facebook.  Play on the teevee.

Which is cool, I guess, because I liked the Ultimate Warrior, too.  I was glad to see him get recognition for the Hall of Fame this past weekend.  Sad that he's passed, but glad that he got to bury the hatchet with a few people he was holding grudges against.

Still.  Everybody's talking about the Ultimate Warrior.

I only bring it up now because before, every time I brought up the Ultimate Warrior in conversation, everybody used to laugh it off like I was making a joke, or tried to change the subject. Know this: I never joked about the Ultimate Warrior. Never.  He was pertinent to damn near every conversation (except when I brought him up when Steven and Janet were exchanging vows...I realize now that was inappropriate, and probably something I should have saved for a toast at their reception).

I say all that to say this: Did you know you're not allowed in several businesses if you're wearing Ultimate Warrior facepaint and ribbons? They kept saying something about "No Shirt" but that's silly, because the Ultimate Warrior didn't wear a shirt.

I'm never going back to that Big Lots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home