Sunday, June 22, 2003

Just trolling around the Rocky Top Brigade, I stumbled upon Missives Anonymous, and I enjoyed the time that I spent there. So far, of those I've read, this is the site that is most like mine in tone among the RTB.

And it at this site that I found a couple of good places to visit, for those scofflaws and layabouts amongst you:

First is The Shrine to Don Knotts. I was most impressed by the inclusion of a digitized copy Don's comedy album An Evening with Me. Go to the site. Download the album (which is long since out of print...but you're probably violating some law, you scoundrel). Listen to Knotts sounds. Immerse yourself in The Man, The Myth, the Legend.....Knotts.

Second is an old story, and I remember hearing about this once upon a time. But the story of Patrick Combs bears repeating.

You know those faux checks companies will send in the junk mail? "You've just won..." or "You are owed..." and the like? Well, Mr. Combs, on a lark, cashed one of these checks at his bank. To the tune of $95,000.

And what followed was the stuff dreams are made of. Well...not really, but it set in motion a chain of events I'd have had a hard time believing.

Read his full story here.

Also, I'd like to pass on a note of support to Busy Mom. Her mother's fallen quite ill. In the face of that, she's passed along a couple of humorous items. I really enjoyed this one, concerning the rear end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home