Friday, June 20, 2003

Just something I'd like to say about the state of the world today, (or, This Things I Believe):

Okay, Jose "Friggin'" Hernandez is not the answer to the Chicago Cubs' question at third base. Unless that question is: How can we make our offense even streakier? Or: How can we get more table clearers and divest ourselves of another table setter?

I'm a little disappointed. I wanted Florida's Mike Lowell...even though he'd have been another base clearer.

Still, Jose Hernandez is better than Lenny Harris. As a Cubs fan, I'm tired of watching Lenny Harris struggle so much, whether it's in the field where he's looked lost at third, or it's at the plate where he's looked overmatched by everybody he's faced all season. Is he hitting .200 yet? I wish I were being funny by blowing his average out of proportion, but I'm not. He's been below the Mendoza Line.

Well, Jose's a former Cub. I'll take him, I guess. I wonder if they could find a way to work a decent leadoff hitter up into the lineup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home